logo

logo
www.humorwritersofamerica.org

Sunday, February 24, 2013

review: The Diary of a Nobody




I downloaded this to my Kindle kinda,sorta by accident, and when I started reading it I was pleasantly surprised at how well a contemporary author caught the colloquialisms, manner and speech of 1800's England ... then I felt like a bit of a fool when I found out it had been,in fact, written in the 1800's.

My bad.

That said (as the red begins to fade from my blush), this was a great book.. about relatively nothing ... by a supercilious ass ... with no great protagonist ... no overriding plot ... lackluster dialogue ...

And it was awesome!

Pooter was such a self-important man, mocked by those younger than him, thinking himself as so charming, so funny, while oblivious to what a buffoon some thought him to be... and somehow, others respected him for the exact same qualities.

Highly recommended as a great book to read about nothing and nobody.

So get yourself some Pooter.

No comments:

Post a Comment